Saturday, 12 September 2009

A sisters response to - Lessons from Job 2 - 11th September 2009

My beloved Brothers & Sisters,

Thank you to those of you who sent replies to this word, thanks for the encouragement. it is difficult sometimes to share a word from God as you often think that you are getting above yourself, who are you to say such a thing and so on. However, when you know it's from God, like the Royal mail deliver the letter :O)

I wanted to share this reply from a dear sister of mine (I have not named you as I did not ask you if I could). This is a woman of God that I know has been through so many a trial and her faith has always inspired me. I have highlighted the parts I most found significant to me in bold, italic, red font.

Sent: Friday, September 11, 2009 8:13 PM
Subject: RE: 11th September 09 - Lessons from Job


Thanks Don, I don't know what God is doing with you but you are so much on the right track. Just keep going! Only God knows why you have been going through what you have been going through. Once you have felt the pain yourself, you truly identify with other people's pain and a lot of people (particularly Christians) are going through hell and are being told they are unspiritual, not strong/have no faith, because they say that its tough.


How can we truly be honest when honesty is not acceptable in most Christian circles. I believe God is freeing us in this time. Unless you go through pain and people see it there is no glory in His works in us. There is no testimony of what the God of the Heaven and the Earth has done by HIs own hands and not by the works of men. Hallelujah!!! He is an awesome God. When we go through pain, we can then comfort men with the comfort we ourselves have received. What better medication is that when you are going through to find a brethren who has also been through it himself. God makes no mistakes.

May God continue to enlighten you and reveal the mysteries that lie hidden between the lines of scripture.If we seek Him we will find Him there. Lets keep seeking for him. God bless.
I think that our sisters words are so very timely and relevant, What do you think? Building on from what my sister has shared, I would like to remind you of the following portion of scriputreS:

Luke 22:31-32 (Amplified Bible)

31 Simon, Simon (Peter), listen! Satan [a]has asked excessively that [all of] you be given up to him [out of the power and keeping of God], that he might sift [all of] you like grain,(A)
32 But I have prayed especially for you [Peter], that your [own] faith may not fail; and when you yourself have turned again, strengthen and establish your brethren.

Peter did have to go through a most awful, but very honest trial. i think if I was in his position and in fear of my life in that time, I may have done the same (who can say - we now have Christ and so know that to live is Christ and to die is gain, but without that assurance???). Look at what God used Peter to go on and do. Hebrews 12 vs. 3 to 11 is also worthwhile reading and I believe my sister was referring to this passage of Gods word and it aptly says it all:

2 Corinthians 1:3-4 (Amplified Bible)

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of sympathy (pity and mercy) and the God [Who is the Source] of every comfort (consolation and encouragement),
4 Who comforts (consoles and encourages) us in every trouble (calamity and affliction), so that we may also be able to comfort (console and encourage) those who are in any kind of trouble or distress, with the comfort (consolation and encouragement) with which we ourselves are comforted (consoled and encouraged) by God.


God bless you my sister for your reply, God bless you my brothers and sisters.

Have great weekends, all of you.

1 Thessalonians 5:21 (New Living Translation)
21 but test everything that is said. Hold on to what is good.


Brother Don

No comments:

Search This Blog