Wednesday, 7 October 2009

Being Pruned So You Can Bloom - Joel Osteen

A while ago, I posted a blog called 'Is your hut on fire' by Joel Osteen. That message was taken from the above titled message.

I think this is a great message for anyone who is going through any challenges in life - most of us I guess.

Joel Osteen I have found to be a most inspiration, motivating speaker. Although in his style he rarely quotes chapter and verse, he takes the concepts of the scriptures and breaks them down into modern day practical advice and guidance. I believe this is the reason why his meetings are always crammed full.

If you need a word to help you through, check this message by following the link. The messages are usually 30 minutes and follow the worship service on the video. For those who want to go straight to the message itself, slide the guider on the video player to around half way and receive a very encouraging message.


Please note:

Whilst I brother Don am proud to be a believer in Jesus Christ and a practising Christian, I want to say that this is a blog being written by a Christian and not so much a Christian blog. I want to discuss many issues that we all face in our daily living and although I know for myself that all the answers can be found in Christ, I would not want people to think or feel that you have to be a Christian to get anything out of this blog or to give feedback on this blog. I always tell people of various backgrounds, faiths and no faith at all, that a relationship with God is a very personal one, a call that is about ' you and Him'. Many others may be used along the way, but ultimately it is about a relationship with a loving father and His child – you. He wait for you no matter what you are doing in your life, He waits, longing for you His child to return to Him. It is not about going to church every Sunday, it is about knowing a loving Father who is like no earthly father.

The comments I make are always my own and should not be taken as that of others. I do not beleiev in being judgemental as I am instructed by my faith, not to be. It is easy to stand in judgement over someone, but the challenge is to try and understand the factors/reasons that may have caused a person to make the choices that they have. This will usually help to give a holistic understanding of a matter, rather than a blinkered one.



Do let me know of topics that you would also like to discuss, as I truly want this blog to be interactive. It is simple to do, just leave a comment, you can do so anonymously.




1 Thessalonians 5:21 (New Living Translation)



But test everything that is said. Hold on to what is good.



Brother Don

No comments:

Search This Blog