Sunday, 8 November 2009

Recommendation of a film to watch - 'I've loved you so long'

It has been such an emotional week for me. I have been supporting a very dear friend with such deep issues from their past and praying, talking and encouraging that person to move on in order for their future to not be hindered by their past. I have been doing this whilstl trying to deal with my own issues of life right now.

I came across this film. It is in French and subtitled, a most excellent film. If you have Sky movies you can catch it on that as it is currently playing, if not then rent it. it is not a 'shoot them all to hell', 'bump and grind', 'espionage' or 'devil horror, chop them kill as theres nothing else to do and it may make a few million' type of film, no it is one for those who enjoy a great storyline, reflective films that relate to real life circumstances. See the link for details on the film:

http://www.sonyclassics.com/ivelovedyousolong/

I said in a previous Blog 'Don't give up' (http://jeremiahandbrotherdon.blogspot.com/2009/10/hang-on-in-there-dont-give-up.html) and I think this film shows that no matter what life may have chucked at you, there is always the potential to use the negative experiences and turn them on it's head and come out stronger and even though the main character did not seem to be doing this, it came to that point in such a great way (in my opinion) at the end as it showed that there was hope for a better future:

From the Bible - the book of Hebrews, Chapter 10, verse 35 says:


So do not throw away your confidence (hope in the Lord); it will be richly rewarded.


Do see the film and do let me know what you thought of it. I hope the film blesses you and encourages you as it did me (amongst the tears I shed as I pondered on my own situation).

God bless you all,

Remember - DONT GIVE UP!

Love Brother Don





1 Thessalonians 5:21 (New Living Translation)
21 but test everything that is said. Hold on to what is good.

No comments:

Search This Blog