Saturday, 5 December 2009

Are you going to finish strong?

I was very blessed to have received an email from someone very dear to me, who just has a knack of sending a correspondence every so often, that has such a profound impact upon my life. The Link below is to a very special mans video. A man who embodies what getting back up, pushing on, not giving up means.

In the same way that there are those who can help to build you up, there are times when the very same can also say things that tear you down. I would add that I think the tearing down stage is usually unintentional (at least I would like to think so), but it can still have the same effect. After the apostle Peter had told Jesus that he knew Jesus was the Messiah in almost the next thing that Peter said was the total contrast, when he was saying that Jesus did not have to fulfill His destiny by going to the cross (See the Book of Matthew, Chapter 16 verses 13 to 23 in the Bible).

The story of Peter here is interesting as it in my eyes, was unintetional on Peters part, but this leads my to a subject that is close to my heart. There are two things that I want to have on my tombstone, should I have one:


Balance - He always aimed for it in everything he did.


Motivation - He always checked his motivation in everything he did and tried to ensure it was not one that was self seeking, self gratifying and always giving the glory to Jesus.


Whilst not being into star signs to guide my life from day to day, week to week or month to month, I do believe that the characteristics of a person born in a certain phase can be seen in the common traits of a particular star sign. Another marvel of God that is taken as man's creation in my eye - For the record I am born under the sign of Libra.

Nick Vujicic to me emcapsulate (not literally) both balance and motivation of life. Take a look at the video.


As I have been going through some very personal battles (split up of my marriage and seperation from my children) and have sought God's direction I have been listening to a song by Pastor Donnie Mcclurkin. The song goes like this:

'We fall down, but we get up'
'We fall down, but we get up'
'for a saint is just a sinner who fell down; but got up'

at the end of the song he began to talk from Proverbs chapter 24 and verse 16 (yes you got it - from the Bible - It's a good read, I personally recommend it). The scripture says:

16For a righteous man falls seven times and rises again, but the wicked are overthrown by calamity.(A)




Righteous simply means one who is in a right relationship with God - As specified in the Bible


Link to the song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPh-W36GHl4




I will be writing about motivation very soon, but if you would like to take a look at someone who it was not quite clear as to what his true inner motivation was, have a read of a very short book (about 3 chapters long) in the bible, the book of 'Jonah'. I will make this point clear here, I do not judge Jonah for his actions as I think that If not for God's grace, many of us could have found ourselves doing things that we castrate others for.

So for now I say goodbye and God bless you

Brother Don...


1 Thessalonians 5:21 (New Living Translation)
21 but test everything that is said. Hold on to what is good

No comments:

Search This Blog