Friday, 18 December 2009

Having a form of religion, but denying the true power of it


Well I truly know that this is a message that I have to get out.



I started off with the title above and got so far into it with lots of scripture and links and then gone. The programme I use auto saves almost every minute and so I should have been able to get it back very easily - Gone......


I will restart........


When I woke up this morning the word that was on my heart was about the very title:


2 Timothy 3:1-5 (Amplified Bible)


1BUT UNDERSTAND this, that in the last days will come (set in) perilous times of great stress and trouble [hard to deal with and hard to bear].
    2For people will be lovers of self and [utterly] self-centered, lovers of money and aroused by an inordinate [greedy] desire for wealth, proud and arrogant and contemptuous boasters. They will be abusive (blasphemous, scoffing), disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy and profane.
    3[They will be] without natural [human] affection (callous and inhuman), relentless (admitting of no truce or appeasement); [they will be] slanderers (false accusers, troublemakers), intemperate and loose in morals and conduct, uncontrolled and fierce, haters of good.
    4[They will be] treacherous [betrayers], rash, [and] inflated with self-conceit. [They will be] lovers of sensual pleasures and vain amusements more than and rather than lovers of God.
    5For [although] they hold a form of piety (true religion), they deny and reject and are strangers to the power of it [their conduct belies the genuineness of their profession]. Avoid [all] such people [turn away from them].


The question, the encouragement I want to give you is to push beyond the boundaries of religious ritual, practices, mindsets and push into a deeper relationship with father God. Many people in this day and age will describe themselves as spiritual but not religious. Be careful with this, the church may not be perfect by there is accountability, fellowship and guidance.


Spirituality


I began to talk on this subject in my original draft and shared about an experience that I had had when I was 18. I won't bore you with all the details of how I got to meet this person, but I did end up meeting a spiritualist, in fact he and I later developed a friendship. At the time I was one who was God aware, but not in relationship with Him. I thought that if my goods outweighed my bads, then I should be ok if there is a heaven and hell.


The spiritualist poured a glass of ordinary tap water and looked in it, what happened next truly stood my world on it's head. the spiritualist began to tell me the deepest hidden things about me and things I had discussed with myself and no other human being. Needless to say this shook me to my core.


I had had an experience prior to this that I later came to know as a near death episode and the destination that I was heading to was not heaven - I wont explain what had got me into this position, but that night I thought was my last. I was 16 to 18 and had returned from a club that we use to frequent. On this short, but on this occassion, very long walk home, I experienced all types of spiritual activity going on around me (I know where some of the inspiration for horror movies comes from). What is most interesting about this experience for me was that as a Christian some 13 to 14 years on from this episode, I was given a book to read by a woman by the Name of Mary K. Baxter (book - A divine revelation of hell) and I was amazed to read that many of the things she was shown were the things that I had experienced that night in my near death experience. This is why I always say to be led by the Holy Spirit and do not just blindly doubt and try and discredit people. I am aware that many do exactly that and try to discredit and explain away things, but when you are talking of someones personal experience of such a spiritual issue, how can you use worldly login or even science to explain it? I wonder. If led then I will share some of the experiences of that night on another occasion.


Going back to the spiritualist - How did he do it? Well since becoming a Christian and reading through the Bible, many things that previously made no sense, begin to make sense. Spiritualist/Mediums/Soothsayer/witches/witchdoctors are just channels that the spirits use to communicate with this world and I would point out that it is forbidden by Father God - 


Leviticus 19:26 (New King James Version)

26 ‘You shall not eat anything with the blood, nor shall you practice divination or soothsaying


Leviticus 19:26 (Amplified Bible)

26You shall not eat anything with the blood; neither shall you use magic, omens, or witchcraft [or predict events by horoscope or signs and lucky days]

The amplified Bible give clearer definitions based upon the Greek and Hebrew language in which the Bible was written


Divination - (click to see definition) Soothsaying - (click to see definition) - Both and all forms are forbidden by God as He knows man's susceptibility to be misled by the adversary of mankind (you only need to look at Eden) and He has created a righteous order to communion with Him.


As a note of caution, Angels of God will not likely come to you with messages that God Himself has not already been speaking to you in your own heart/conscience/spirit and so a word as such will be a confirming word of prophecy. See The Bible, the book of 2nd Peter Chapter 1, verses 19 to 21 It is also very rare for an angel to come in a form that we would traditional format as an angel. Hebrew 13 vs. 1 to 2 - Angels


So Brother Don what are you saying in all this? Well I'll go back to my title, be careful that that which you practice (that can also be in the practising of no formal religion, but in your self made concepts and precepts) is denying the power that comes from a loving child Father relationship with Father God. I will add that I did not grow up with my natural father - infact had no father around and that impacted badly on my life; However I have not and would not allow the relationship or non-relationship with a earthly father to dictate the relationship with our loving, Heavenly Father - I urge you to do the same.


I am also urging you to be cautious when dealing in spiritual matter as their is an adversary to mankind that will take full advantage of our ignorance in this area.


I will say this also, in my life time I have known people who have been troubled by things of a spiritual nature and have lived with it. Let me tell you this - Jesus has overcome and every being, both human, spirit and demonic are subject to him. As humans we have been given freedom of choice and Jesus will not take that away from us, but if you line up your will with His for you, you need not suffer from Demonic or spiritual oppression. If you are experiencing any type of spiritual/demonic oppression please do not suffer it, see a local minister who can help you - If you get a minister who does not take it seriously, then you are at the wrong church, make contact with me and I will make it my business to link you with a church that walk in the power of the Spirit of God and will help you: 


See these two portions of Scripture:


Philippians 2:5-11 (Amplified Bible)




5Let this same attitude and purpose and [humble] mind be in you which was in Christ Jesus: [Let Him be your example in humility:]
    6Who, although being essentially one with God and in the form of God [[a]possessing the fullness of the attributes which make God God], did not [b]think this equality with God was a thing to be eagerly grasped [c]or retained,
    7But stripped Himself [of all privileges and [d]rightful dignity], so as to assume the guise of a servant (slave), in that He became like men and was born a human being.
    8And after He had appeared in human form, He abased and humbled Himself [still further] and carried His obedience to the extreme of death, even the death of the cross!
    9Therefore [because He stooped so low] God has highly exalted Him and has [e]freely bestowed on Him the name that is above every name,
    10That in (at) the name of Jesus every knee [f]should (must) bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
    11And every tongue [[g]frankly and openly] confess and acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father



Under the earth - That is not by chance - Bill Wiese - 23 Minutes In Hell


Luke 10:17-20 (Amplified Bible)




17The seventy returned with joy, saying, Lord, even the demons are subject to us in Your name!
    18And He said to them, I saw Satan falling like a lightning [flash] from heaven.
    19Behold! I have given you authority and power to trample upon serpents and scorpions, and [physical and mental strength and ability] over all the power that the enemy [possesses]; and nothing shall in any way harm you.
    20Nevertheless, do not rejoice at this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rejoice that your names are enrolled in heaven.(A)



I have listed 3 very informative video links for you to watch.








Do not be put off by the title, there are very Biblical explanation for this and it begins in Genesis. I strongly recommend you watch Chuck Misler on the God Channel today (18th December 09 - UK) http://www.god.tv/node/530 - It is longer than the 'It's Supernatural show and goes into more detailed.



I know some of the content can seem out of the zone, but just because you cannot see some of what I have talked about does not deny it's exsistence, such as the air we breathe and gravity. There are some links to videos that I hope will expand your mind to the things of God. People suffer for Lack of Knowledge - Hosea 4 vs. 6.




I have delievered the mesage I beleive God has given me and I pray it encourages either you or someone you know. Please test what I have said by asking God if it is for you as I am a fallible man like any other.

Love Brother Don


1 Thessalonians 5:21 (New Living Translation)
21 but test everything that is said. Hold on to what is good.

No comments:

Search This Blog