Thursday, 11 February 2010

Bob Marley - Running Away... What are you running from???

I was going to post this in the run up to Christmas 09 and the New Year, but I felt led by God to hold on. Strange as it is though I never felt led to delete this post, but just to do as Mary did and meditate upon it in my heart for the appointed time ('But Mary kept all these things and pondered them in her heart' - Luke 2 vs.19). Chapter 2 verses 2 to 3 are clear about writing down the vision for the appointed time (click the verse reference) as it will come to pass. And so here is the post that I kept for an appointed time and the Lord has said that now is that time - I hope it is a blessing to you...

We are almost at the end of the year and it has for me in many ways, been a hard slog. I thank God for those of you who have made it this far. I know that I wanted to give up a long time ago, but because of the word 'Hope’, I have kept going. What has kept you going? At the end of 2008, I was declaring that this was going to be my year of breakthrough. I did not know what was going to hit me, but to be truthful, it is not in the place of smooth running where we grow and receive breakthrough, but in what can often seem like the pits of hell. So although I have been through what in some aspects has been the worst year of my life, in many ways (some even yet to be seen) this has been an incredible year of growth for me.

I was listening to Bob Marley and really felt led to say to you - Stop trying to run away from yourself. You are a great person, who has made it thus far and has the ability to make the adjustments that may be required in your life to make it further in a positive and constructive way forward.

Stop hankering for someone else's lifestyle, after all you do not know the fears, the demons and anxieties they have to face on a daily basis. Look at your face in the mirror and smile. Tell yourself that you are doing the best you can do and then do it.

Well done for getting this far, many did not make it this year, but what a celebration, you have done so thus far.

Take a listen to Bob, because only he can sing it as he does - Stop 'Running Away'

You are a precious diamond and God wants to tell you that no matter what you may be thinking about yourself He is thinking great thoughts towards you (click this link).

See the whole of Psalm 139 to see just how much Father God loves you and cares about you.

Believe me, I am not some holy man that gets his kicks from writing as I would rather keep my mouth shut; but the unction of Gods Spirit keeps pushing me to keep writing and encouraging you when I myself have been going through the worst 18 months or so of my life. There have been times when I have wanted God to bring me home. You know, I have said that it is enough God, how much more are you planning to put on my shoulders, as I feel as if I can take no more. He (Father God) keeps whispering sweet word of encouragement and hope. He says to me sometimes "My beloved son, I see you have little strength but have not denied my name, keep going my son" and in the despair of my emotions, this is what I long to hear in order to get me through another day.

Well done to you, for not giving up. I pray that 2010 will be a year of breakthrough and new levels of achievement for you in your lives.

My brothers and sisters; keep going. Despite it all keep going.

If I do not get to write to you again before the New Year then this is the message I want to leave with you. So keep going, do not stop, if you fall get back up and keep heading for the mark of excellence as exemplified by those who were not perfect, but kept Hope and Trusted in God.

God bless you,

Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year

....................................................................................................................................................................

I hope it was timely for you.

God bless you.

Love Brother Don

1 Thessalonians 5:21 (New Living Translation)
but test everything that is said. Hold on to what is good



No comments:

Search This Blog