Thursday, 11 February 2010

What is to be made of people like Che Guevara & Mahatma Gandhi?


I have a deep desire in me to study History, what type of History some will ask and I just say History. After all, if I am living, then all history is my history.

The statement/comment/antidote that 'One person’s rebel/terrorist is another person’s freedom fighter/revolutionary' sticks deep within me. I often wonder if those behind the assassinations of the likes of Mahatma Gandhi, Dr Martin Luther King, President Kennedy, where thinking either rebel/terrorist rather than freedom fighter/revolutionary.

After all, those who are chosen, by the people should always remember that they are there to represent the people. But I know that when as such are lifted to the higher echelons of the power structure, they feel obliged to fit in with their new found environment; this is why faith, belief are so core to our very being. If mankind can sway you, then how can you truly stand for the people and those who are downtrodden and the forgotten ones:

Isaiah 58:6-7 (The Message)

6-9"This is the kind of fast day I'm after:
   to break the chains of injustice,
   get rid of exploitation in the workplace,
   free the oppressed,
   cancel debts.
What I'm interested in seeing you do is:
   sharing your food with the hungry,
   inviting the homeless poor into your homes,
   putting clothes on the shivering ill-clad,
   being available to your own families.
Do this and the lights will turn on,
   and your lives will turn around at once.
Your righteousness will pave your way.
   The God of glory will secure your passage.
Then when you pray, God will answer.
You'll call out for help and I'll say, 'Here I am.'

Violence, the killing of the innocent; these are not collateral damage or fair logistical targets for those who would look to get their resolve through fear, no these are the act of war crimes (the acts of satan as he uses mankind to fulfil his lust for eternal damnation of God beautiful creation - Mankind).

So is 'One person rebel/terrorist is another person’s freedom fighter/revolutionary' 

Check out this clip and let me know your thoughts.

Hit the 'Imperialism, 1965' download - Remember to give me your views on this…


Nelson Mandela's Inaugural Speech  - Your views please…

Love Brother Don
1 Thessalonians 5:21 (New Living Translation)
'but test everything that is said. Hold on to what is good.'


No comments:

Search This Blog