Saturday, 20 March 2010

A cold plate of rice...

Oh the joys of parenthood!

Just a quick bit of advice for the brotherhood out there as I believe women already know this :O) If you have multiple children (I have four) and their friends around (two at present), do not cook rice and expect to eat any of it whilst it is hot. Furthermore, ensure you have eaten before the friends arrive, as pandemonium on an empty stomach can be hard to deal with.

Well today, I did not think on the advice that I have just given and following one mouthful of warm rice, I then had to get the Hoover out, get the drinks, wash the hand etc… you get the picture. I ask myself; why instead of eating seeing as they are playing for a while, rather than sharing this… well one mouthful of cold rice is the same as any other and so another five minutes, might help a brother somewhere to enjoy a plate of warm food one day.

Well at least the salad was at it natural temperature, but the accompanying meat helped to ease the pain of each cold grain of rice hitting the back of my throat. Microwave I hear you say; yeah I thought of that, but anytime I got near the kitchen, the century on duty would tell the others and a cry of sweets would ring out, so I didn't bother.

Food for thought :O)

Love Brother Don

 1 Thessalonians 5:21 (New Living Translation)
‘But test everything that is said. Hold on to what is good’


No comments:

Search This Blog